Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Road

I stand here;

Gazing at the infinite black sky!



Years of rains have bathed me,

Many a snows have dressed me,

Summers have made me shine with happiness!

I now stand still;

Gazing at the infinite black sky!



The footsteps of young child have titillated my senses,

The hot sweat of a hard working vendor boy have burned my skin!

I have found my joy in sweet pain of the push of many walking sticks!

But I now stand still;

Gazing at the infinite black sky!



I have heard the soft giggles of lovers walking hand in hand!

I have felt the unsung song of parting pain!

The triumphant marching band have filled my ears,

Heat of failures have scratched my body with their sharp nails..

And I now stand still ;

Gazing at the infinite black sky!



I have witnessed the hard dirty dance of death over souls;

Desperate gasps of those running behind;

And new life sprouting just moments later!!

I stand here..

Without a name, without a flicker of notice!

I am simply called Road, a majestic Road..

Just wondering when does the sky change its color,

I now stand and gaze…

At the infinite black sky!

1 comment:

  1. A very enlightened poem, it sets the mood for exposures of poet's happy and sad days, and brings in a unique nostalgic feeling to the reader. Congratulations Kavya. Keep on tapping your potentials. Please visit my blog: http://ripplesoftruth-tomycalex.blogspot.com/
    Take care, With Best Regards and Prayers for your poetic soul,
    Tomy C. Alex

    ReplyDelete